PROFORM THINLINE PRO-DESK TREADMILL
We’re reviewing the Proform Thinline Pro-Desk Treadmill based on a sale price of $2499.
Price Comparison of Proform Thinline Pro-Desk Treadmill and Proform Thinline Desk Treadmill :
The Proform Thinline Pro-Desk Treadmill currently sells at a price of $2499. Its predecessor, the Proform Thinline Desk Treadmill, is at $1999!
Comparison of Proform Thinline Pro-Desk Treadmill and Proform Thinline Desk Treadmill :
The main feature of both models is the console that you can fold up into a desktop, which is the reason for the model’s name. However, for the newer Thinline Pro-Desk Treadmill, this feature is adjustable so you can modify the height of the desktop if you have multiple users in your home.
When it comes to the specifications, both models have the same 3.0HP motor capacity, same maximum speed of 12mph, same treadbelt size of 22″x60″ and same warranty coverage -that’s lifetime for frame and motor, 5 years for parts and 2 years for labor. They also have similar incline and decline functions. Bells and whistles are also the same – cooling fan, cushioned deck, quick keys and grip pulse heart rate monitor. The only difference we’re seeing is that the Thinline Desk Treadmill has lesser number of programs at 36 compared to the newer model that has 40.
Overall, we think that the $500 difference is not totally justified since the only major differences that will favor the Proform Thinline Pro-Desk Treadmill are the adjustability of the desktop feature and the 4 additional built-in programs. Other than that, the Proform Thinline Desk Treadmill pretty much makes the grade.
What Makes The Proform Thinline Pro-Desk Treadmill Worth Buying?
– Has an adjustable 14″ desktop which can be ideal for households with multiple users.
– Integrated tablet holder allows you to sync your tablet wirelessly for total speed, incline and decline control.
– The Thinline Spacesaver design claims to be the thinnest at 12-inch width. This is ideal for homes with limited spaces. You can fold the treadmill and store it away in between use.
– 12% incline and -3% decline functions helps simulate running uphill and downhill which leads to faster toning of your muscles.
– 3.0CHP, 22×60 belt, 12mph, 40 workout apps
What Makes The Proform Thinline Pro-Desk Treadmill NOT Worth Buying?
– For most models priced at almost $2500, a wireless chest strap monitor is already included for more accurate heart rate monitoring. We don’t find that in this model.
– This model is iFit enabled but membership fee is sold separately. With its hefty price tag, we were hoping that Proform could have thrown in at least a 30-day trial membership for free.
– Product description states that this unit can hold up as much as 300 lbs of user weight. However, we’re a little doubtful about this claim since we don’t know exactly how heavy this machine is.