When it comes to fitness machines, NordicTrack provides superior quality and performance treadmills. The NordicTrack Reflex 8500 Pro treadmill is one of the fitness machines that make its makers very proud. Included with it is an iFit Live Module, an innovation that allows you to connect your machine with the Internet to experience different features like working out on different trails all over the globe, customizing your workout programs, receiving automatic updates and workout downloads, and having your own nutrition and activity tracker. Along with this comes 20 Performance Workouts that help you run faster, jump higher, and get stronger.
For faster and more effective results, the NordicTrack Reflex 8500 Pro treadmill has a 0-15% machine incline and a 0-12 mph machine speed, both with just a single touch of a button. The built-in heart rate sensors in the handlebars enable to stay within your targeted training zone.
The treadmill also has a 7-inch full color touch-screen display for you to track your workout progress, a compatible music port for iPod and other music devices and an Intermix Acoustics 3.0 sound system for a rich and clear sound to pump you up during those intense workouts. Added features of the NordicTrack Reflex 8500 Pro treadmill include a 3.5 hp DurX commercial pro motor, a 20″x 60″ commercial treadbelt, SpaceSaver design, a Reflec Cushion technology system, and a weight capacity of 350 lbs.
Latest 2017 Update
- We hunted down the best cheap treadmills on the market for less than $1500. One of the best treadmills you can buy and Discover the best treadmill for your budget in 2017. Please visit our Best Buy Treadmill and Best Buy Elliptical pages for our current recommendations. Thank you!
- the selling point of the Nordictrack Reflex line of treadmills is the Reflex deck which is purportedly, a superior cushioning technology
- on paper, it’s almost as good as it gets for a treadmill to have the 8500 Pro’s motor/belt size and combination, weight capacity, and warranty
- has the iFit Live Module and a built-in TV which is very rare
- seems to be perpetually out of stock
- MSRP too high
- subscription to iFit.com is extra
- The starting price for the Nordictrack Reflex 8500 Pro is $3000 which means we’ll likely see it on sale for $1500 sometime in the future. If it ever reaches a price close to that and you have the financial means to acquire one, we would recommend you to do so. Even though the Nordictrack Reflex 8500 Pro may not hold up nearly as well in terms of durability against one of the “Commercial” home treadmills by Nordictrack, the extra features and functions that this treadmill comes with will probably more than make up for that. Realistically, most people’s treadmill are not going to be used to the point of it breaking down because running is boring for most people. So even if you have the most well built machine, it would not mean much. With the Nordictrack Reflex 8500 Pro, the chances of it breaking down are indeed much greater, not only because it’s less well built, but because it’s likely to be used more especially with the iFit Live functionality and TV. For a higher end home treadmill, the Nordictrack at $1500 or whereabouts is a safe bet.