You love freedom when running but the neighboring streets are always full of people. The Trailrunner 4.0 offers you more space to do a stretch of hard speed comfortably. Installed with a 20″ x 60″ 2-Ply Commercial Treadbelt, the treadmill can take heavy use from pounding feet while remaining quiet and well-balanced.
The attached ProTech™ Advanced Adjustable Cushioning system protects your joints even when running in a furious pace. It has no limit on the cushion settings to accommodate any adjustment in your workout intensity control.
Connect your Trailrunner 4.0 to more challenging workouts that give quicker results in Google Maps™ using the built-in iFit Live™. Specially designed to hook you online and let you experience different incline settings and all-terrain features, running inside your home has never been more exciting.
Even when wireless conncetion is not available, there are 32 built-in Workout Apps for you to choose from. Anytime you like and according to your personal preferences, you can adjust the settings of speed, incline, amount of calories you’d like to burn, and switch on the intensity to high. The combination of speed and incline is designed to push yourself hard and fast.
And you don’t have to worry about the noise or vibration that a highly intensified workout will create. The Trailrunner 4.0 is equipped with a well-balanced drive system, powered 3.8 CHP Mach Z™ Commercial Pro Motor, that ensures silence and stability while in operation, heavy duty or long term.
Run with music exclusively in your ears by plugging your iPod® or MP3 Player into the Interplay® Music Port. Or listen to surround music through built-in sound system Intermix Acoustics™ 2.0.
All parts used in the manufacture of the treadmill are of top quality calibre. The frame is durable and made to withstand heavy use and accommodate heavy weight of up to 350 lbs.
Latest 2017 Update
- We are updating the review to this product. It has selected as the best treadmills based on customer compensation, stability, specialties and cost. Treadmills are among the most famous pieces of cardio fitness machine for both gym and house use but buying a treadmill is a big commitment, so we hope our rankings, reports and tools will help you get the ideal match. Please also visit our Best Buy Treadmill and Best Buy Elliptical pages for our current recommendations. Thank you!
- 10″ touch screen is the largest that Proform has offered ever beating out the typical offering of 7″
- Surf the web with a touch screen web browser powered by Android – this was not possible prior to 2011
- “Run anywhere in the world” (or tries to simulate it anyways) with the iFit Live module that is included with the purchase
- High end offering means a high end price
- In theory, it’s possible to surf the web when you’re running but in reality, whether that’s a good idea, that’s really up to you. When you’re running on the treadmill, it’s probably hard enough to focus already with all that sweat dripping so surfing the web sounds good in theory but probably not without its difficulties. With that said, if you want the latest and greatest of treadmill innovations, the Trailrunner 4.0 Proform is a good candidate. Like the Proform Trailrunner 2.0, the Proform Trailrunner 4.0 features all the goodies that make it worthy of the name “Trailrunner” namely durability, comfortable running and an unlimited number of trails to simulate running via iFit Live. Is it worth the $1699 or so when it’s on sale, yes if you want the latest and greatest. The $1499 Trailrunner 2.0 is probably a better choice for those who want to be slightly more frugal as a slightly inferior motor with the web browser technology can save you $200.