The Proform 9.0 Competitor Treadmill features an innovative Competition Training Center that allows you to race head to head against a variety of virtual competitors thus allowing you to stay motivated while experiencing the thrill of victory. This Racing Technology was used to create workouts that simulate a real race. With the 9.0 Competitor Treadmill, you can easily get into a fantastic shape with its motivational programs.
This treadmill offers a total of 20 built-in Personal Trainer Workouts so you can choose from a variety of preset workout programs to achieve your fitness goals. These programs automatically change the speed and incline throughout the workout and center around either performance, aerobic or weight loss goals. In addition, it also has 4 Create & Save workouts which allow you to designed customized workouts and save them for future use.
Other standard Proform features include the ProTech 5 Adjustable Cushioning, Dual-Grip EKG Heart Rate Monitor, SpaceSAver Design, Grafixx Display, and an AutoBreeze Fan. It also offers 0-12 mph Precision QuickSpeed Control and 0-12% Quick Incline Control. It also has a powerful 2.5 HP Commercial Plus Motor and a 300 lb. weight capacity. It comes with an impressive lifetime frame and motor warranty.
Latest 2017 Update
- We hunted down the best cheap treadmills on the market for less than $1500. One of the best treadmills you can buy and Discover the best treadmill for your budget in 2017. Please visit our Best Buy Treadmill and Best Buy Elliptical pages for our current recommendations. Thank you!
- one of the largest belts at 20″x60″
- up to 24 different workout programs are included
- goes all the way up to 12% incline and 12 mph top speed
- folds and comes with fans
- interesting feature that allows you to compete against a virtual competitor
- you can adjust the cushioning to optimize comfort
- console seems to be a little hard to read
- potential problems in sticking a mere 2.5 HP motor on a 20″x60″ belt
- The Proform 9.0 Competitor is one of the better under a $1000 treadmill offers from Proform right now. One of the biggest strength for this treadmill is the large and spacious running surface (20″x60″). Unfortunately, this could also potentially be one of its biggest problems because the motor is probably slightly underpowered to be powering it. If you feel this is an issue, you can upgrade to the Proform 11.5 Competitor which doesn’t have this problem for just a bit more. But beyond that, the Proform 9.0 Competitor is a pretty well put together treadmill. It comes with a large number of workout programs, it folds, it blows (literally via the fan), its cushioning is adjustable and there is that interesting feature where you can compete against an imaginary competitor. The warranty is also a little special with 4 years on rollers, 2 years on parts and 1 year on belt, deck and labor. Although the Proform 9.0 Competitor is better than most of the other models in this price class, it isn’t something I would recommend over the Proform 7.5 Distance trainer if they’re of the same price. The reason is because the Proform 7.5 Distance seems to have a very slight edge in quality over the 9.0 Competitor as can be seen in the better warranty, better belt and motor combo and a slightly higher weight capacity. But if you’re not overly concerned about quality and durability, you might enjoy the longer strides you can take on the 9.0 Competitor as a result of the longer belt.