People who want to train and achieve fast weight loss can trust on the ProForm brand. With their lineup of fitness equipment, one is simply getting him or herself in shape in the most effective manner. The ProForm Performance 400c is certainly a machine that will get people all worked up.
The ProForm Performance 400c boasts a highly diverse set of workouts. In fact, it’s got 18 exercise applications which are used in order to get the best training possible, with adjustable decline, incline and speed settings. The great thing about it is that it’s also designed by a certified fitness instructor.
Of course, training usually requires constant keeping track of progress. This is where the EKG Dual Grip monitor comes in quite handy, since people will be keeping their heart rate in check. With this device, one can maintain performance within the target zone, leading to better results for exercises.
One of the finest features to utilize with the ProForm Performance 400c is the iFit compatible console. Through this, one is able to keep track of all the latest training updates on the Internet. One can incorporate virtual terrains which are courtesy of Google Maps, video workouts and event training.
The convenience it brings is second to none, especially with the Multi-LCD display. Progress is monitored through these LCD windows, providing users with data on their performance. With it, people can keep themselves updated with how much calories burned, along with the time, distance and speed of the workout.
The ProForm Performance 400c is a treadmill for every home owner out there who wants to lose weight in the soonest time possible. One can go through an intense full body workout that achieves maximum results. With a brand like ProForm, there’s maximum efficiency to be expected.
- Affordably priced even when it’s not on sale at $799
- A respectable number of workout programs at 18 which is a bit more offered than even some >$1000 models from other brands
- Comes with air fans, MP3 player sound system and the ability to folder which are all hard to come by at the regular price and even harder to come back at its potential sale price of less than $500
- A 20” x 55” is a respectable belt size but by no means the most spacious
- The 300 lb weight capacity is an indicator that it is most likely, not built like a rock
- The 1 year parts and labor warranty just barely cuts it but what can you expect at this price?
- A LED console may seem outdated to those who prefer a LCD
- We would have liked to see an incline up to a maximum of 12%
The Proform Performance 400c is one of many Proform treadmills in Proform’s Performance series. In 2011 and 2012, Proform had a similar model called the Proform Performance 400 (note the missing “c”) that is almost identical in terms of specs as the 400c. The main improvements include the use of a different type of cushioning, a few more workout apps and workout fans. It removed the ability to sync your results with Nikeplus.com however.
Overall, we can’t say that the Proform Performance is a high quality treadmill. The overall specs also leave much to be desired. Same with the warranty. But for a $799 which will likely be reduced to $500-$600 during sale time, we can’t really fault it for its shortcomings.
If you’re looking for an entry level treadmill without breaking the bank, the Proform 400c is a reasonable choice and one we would recommend. Just don’t expect to train for your marathon on it.