Get the latest in exercise innovation with the NordicTrack FreeMotion s5.6. This elliptical is very unique from the other units because of the combination of the high-calorie burn of incline training and low-impact stride. Now, you can combine your cardio workout and adding definition to certain muscles by just changing your stride length and intensity – short strides target your calves, medium strides your quads, and longer strides focus on your hamstrings and glutes. Its maximum stride length is 35″.
This elliptical meets your fitness goals as it is an overall body workout. You shed those pounds, at the same time toning the muscles of your body. It also has a core-vantage workout that coordinates your lower body with your upper body to work on core muscles. It strengthens your abs, obliques, and back. With these feature, you get a leaner body and stronger core. The 1-Touch resistance lets you choose from 12 resistance levels with the single touch of a button.
This elliptical also has features including 8 body zone workouts, 8 preset stride workouts, heart rate monitor, music port for your iPod, iFit Interactive, Stride Ladder, and a CoolAire workout fan. It has a weight capacity of 300 lbs.
Latest 2017 Update
- We are updating the review to this product. It has selected as the best treadmills based on customer compensation, stability, specialties and cost. Treadmills are among the most famous pieces of cardio fitness machine for both gym and house use but buying a treadmill is a big commitment, so we hope our rankings, reports and tools will help you get the ideal match. Please also visit our Best Buy Treadmill and Best Buy Elliptical pages for our current recommendations. Thank you!
- Longest stride in the industry at 35″
- Belongs to the Freemotion line of ellipticals which is Nordictrack’s home version of commercial ellipticals
- WireLESS heart rate monitor
- This elliptical works your core (ab) muscles too
- More expensive than most models
- Though it is marketed as one of the more stable and durable models, there’s no track record for this elliptical
- The main feature that this elliptical has that the other ellipticals don’t is the long 35″ stride. All the other extra features such as fans, high tech display panel, music port, etc can all be found in lower priced models. The advertised benefits of a more natural arch movement and toning your ab/core muscles though beneficial, might not be worth the extra half a grand or so. Buying this elliptical is not a mistake especially if you’ve worked out previously on other elliptical machines and you’re looking for something a little more sophisticated but for the average beginner, it might be better to downgrade a little.