Latest 2018 Update:
- We are updating the review to this product. It has selected as the best treadmills based on customer compensation, stability, specialties and cost. Treadmills are among the most famous pieces of cardio fitness machine for both gym and house use but buying a treadmill is a big commitment, so we hope our rankings, reports and tools will help you get the ideal match. Please also visit our Best Buy Treadmill and Best Buy Elliptical pages for our current recommendations. Thank you!
- Good balance between affordability, functions and features, and quality
- Lots of built-in programs
- Long stride length
- Supports iPod
- Doesn’t support the new iFit Live (look at the A.C.T Pro instead if you need this option)
- Poorest built of the A.C.T series of ellipticals
- First of all, Nordictrack did a really poor job in naming their ellipticals. There are three ellipticals that having A.C.T as part of their name. These include the Nordictrack A.C.T. Pro, the Nordictrack A.C.T Commercial, and finally the Nordictrack A.C.T. Of the three, the A.C.T Pro is best built and has the best functions, the Nordictrack A.C.T is the most affordable with the least amount of features and the A.C.T Commercial is in between these two. The Black Friday sale price of $699 makes the A.C.T. a slightly better buy than the Nordictrack A.C.T Commercial. Trade up to the Commercial version for an extra $200 if you want a slightly better crafted treadmill but the $200 would probably be better spent on an extra 3 year parts and labor warranty.
The NordicTrack A.C.T. Elliptical combines simplicity and technology that will surely help you achieve a fit and healthy body you’ve always yearned for. It comes with 20 iFiT workouts that automatically adjust the resistance of the machine so you can focus on aerobic, weight loss, or performance goals. The NordicTrack A.C.T. Elliptical also has upper-body workout arms that enable you to burn more calories and help you tone your upper-body, thus providing a total body workout using just a single fitness machine.
To make such workout more intense and provide you with more efficient results, the NordicTrack A.C.T. Elliptical allows you to choose from up to 20 different levels of machine resistance and strides of up to 22”. Not only that, the dual-grip EKG heart rate monitor of the NordicTrack A.C.T. Elliptical ensures that you stay within your target training zone.
NordicTrack believes that to better achieve the results you dreamed of, it is of importance that you have an enjoyable workout routine. The NordicTrack A.C.T. Elliptical has an Interplay Universal iPod dock where you can simply plug your iPod so you can instantly listen to your favorite music while working out. The Grafixx high-resolution display animates an electronic figure who works out with you through your entire workout. Added features of the NordicTrack A.C.T. Elliptical are its oversized pedals, a silent magnetic resistance and a weight capacity of 250 lbs.