NORDICTRACK SPACESAVER SE9i
The Nordictrack SpaceSaver SE9i is a rear drive elliptical machine that’s highly powerful yet sleek and compact at the same time. Literally take it out of the box and it’s ready to use just in 15 minutes thanks to its simple snap assembly system that makes it possible to set up the machine in four very easy steps.
The machine comes with a 7-inch touch-screen display that’s full colored and web-enabled. The SpaceSaver SE9i is also iFit-enabled. Enjoy unlimited workout programs and many more while browsing through your favorite websites or social networks.
This unit comes with a power adjustable incline system and is built with 24 resistance levels. Easily shift incline and resistance levels by a simple squeeze on its integrated quick touch controls that are installed on the machine’s soft touch upper body grips.
The SpaceSaver SE9i may have a 325-pound user capacity, but this machine won’t eat up a lot of space. On account of its vertical SpaceSaver design, fold the elliptical trainer when not in use and easily roll it away as it likewise comes with very convenient transport wheels.
Expect the standard NordicTrack features with this elliptical machine. The water bottle holder, warranty, heart rate monitor, wireless chest strap and many more.
We’re reviewing the Nordictrack Spacesaver SE9i Elliptical based on a sale price of $1299.
Price Comparison of the Nordictrack Spacesaver SE9i and Nordictrack Spacesaver SE7i
The Nordictrack Spacesaver SE9i is currently on sale at $1299 while the Nordictrack Spacesaver SE7i is selling at $899 at the time of review.
Comparison of the Nordictrack Spacesaver SE9i and Nordictrack Spacesaver SE7i
First of all, let’s point out what’s similar between these two models. The Spacesaver SE7i and the SE9i both belong to Nordictrack’s Spacesaver series. As the name implies, these two models were designed to save space in your homes. In fact, they both claim to have the smallest storage footprint when they are folded. This will be great if you have limited space in your home or apartment since you can fold the either units and store them away when not in use. Plus they have an easy snap assembly design so you have no problems setting them up again once you’re ready to exercise.
Aside from the design, both models also have the same fixed stride length of 18 inches, an 18-pound flywheel and a power adjustable incline.
The Spacesaver SE9i is the more expensive between the two, and naturally since this is the case, we expect more and better features from this model. The SE9i has 24 resistance levels as compared to the SE7i’s 22 resistance levels. It has 30 pre-programmed workouts versus the 24 programs that the SE7i has. The SE9i also includes a wireless chest strap for heart rate monitoring while the SE7i only has the handgrip sensors. As far as the warranties are concerned, the SE9i has the longer parts warranty of 3 years; the SE7i has 2 years.
For us, the most evident difference between these two models would be the console display. It’s a toss between the SE7i’s basic backlit display and the SE9i’s high-tech 7-inch full-color touch tablet with Android™ web browser, with the SE9i winning hands down.
In closing, we’d like to say that Nordictrack’s Space saver series has evolved rather well. The manufacturer was able to develop and add more features making the high-end SE9i more competitive in its price category and helping the users reach their fitness goals faster. If you are on a budget, the SE7i does not disappoint either given its solid basic and notable features, but for this comparison review we give our thumbs up to the Space Saver SE9i.
What Makes The Nordictrack Spacesaver SE9i Worth Buying?
– The Nordictrack Spacesaver SE9i boasts of an easy snap assembly and can be ready to use in minutes.
– Measuring only 32″ x 28″ when folded, this model claims to have the smallest storage footprint of any home elliptical. This is really ideal for users that have very limited spaces in their homes.
– For its features, this machine does not disappoint. It has a power-incline, 24 resistance levels, 30 workout programs, a wireless chest strap, enhancements on the foot pedals and hand grips, and a built-in sound system.
– This model’s integrated 7-inch color touch screen display with full web capabilities can be a great source of motivation while you work out. You can browse the internet, view your stats and enjoy the pre-programmed workouts better on this modern console display.
What Makes The Nordictrack Spacesaver SE9i NOT Worth Buying?
– Most ellipticals’ stride length falls somewhere between 18” and 23”. That being said, we understand that this model’s stride length is considered acceptable. However, we would have preferred that this model had an adjustability function so that households with multiple users can benefit from it better.
– You need to make an additional investment with this iFit enabled machine since you have to purchase the iFit subscription separately.
– The stated 325-pound user weight capacity should have been substantiated with the machine weight information. In our experience there should be no more than a 100-pound difference between the weight of the machine and the user. Otherwise, you won’t have a solid feel while working out.