Reasons Why You Should Buy The Proform Smart Strider
- If you’re buying a Proform elliptical, this is as affordable as they come
- The 18 resistance levels and 18 workout programs were more than we had expected for a budget elliptical
Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Buy The Proform Smart Strider
- Despite Proform’s “built to last” claims, the Smart Strider’s 275 lbs is the lowest we’ve seen for a 2014 elliptical. Generally speaking, the lower the weight capacity, the shoddier the construction quality.
- Flywheel weight and machine weight are both unknown. For an elliptical with such a short warranty and low weight capacity rating, we are very worried how this machine will hold under heavy use
- Console screen is tiny and console design is barebones
Is This The Right Elliptical For You?
Thus far in 2014, we’ve seen Proform come out with two new budget ellipticals. The first one is the ZE6 and the second one is this one, the Smart Strider. Both are what we call budget level ellipticals because you can get them for under $1000.
For budget ellipticals, we generally recommend you go with Nordictrack (same parent company as Proform) due to superior specs, features and warranties at more or less the same price. Yes, it’s true that Nordictrack’s budget ellipticals are slightly more expensive than Proform but the difference from specs to design to warranty are noticeable.
At the end of the day, you CAN go wrong with the Smart Strider and we would advise against purchasing. True, you might save a few bucks in the short run but it’s likely you’ll end up with a headache if you are going to use it regularly.
The Proform Smart Strider is an elliptical machine which is a total package. Achieve higher calorie burn by picking the right intensity training for you. There are 18 digital resistance levels to choose from and surely there is one fit just for you.
Move from one resistance level to the next without any interruption during workout. The Silent Magnetic Resistance (SMR) helps you adjust smoothly without affecting your performance. The better part about getting on the Proform Smart Strider is that it has a one of a kind Inertia Enhanced Flywheel, making each striding experience more natural.
During workouts it is always a must to hydrate and Proform understands this. So they made sure that the Smart Strider has an easy access water bottle holder. Now, one can train continuously and burn more calories without interruptions.
The Large LCD Monitor allows you to keep track of your performance during workouts. So you will know exactly the distance, calories burned, time, and speed during your training on the Proform Smart Strider.
Being able to handle weight of as much as 275 lbs the Smart Strider is surely built to withstand heavy workouts. Plus, it is truly durable for it is built from commercial gauge solid steel construction, so it is built to stand the test of time.
You do not even have to worry moving this elliptical around because of its mounted wheels in front. So if you want to rearrange everything inside your home, one will not have a difficult time moving the elliptical to a more convenient space.